  • Subject: Client access emulation problem
  • From: John Bussert <jbussert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 15:27:21 -0500

Hi all,

I just started getting an error with CA Express 4.0 latest PTF, and
error where the display emulator gets an error on startup with a windows
dialog and the program pcscm.exe has generated an error and will be
closed by windows.  You will need to restart the program.  An error log
is being created.

Of course it will not restart, there is not (or I can't find) an error
log, and I can't fix it.

I have completely uninstalled CA and reinstalled it (3 times so far) and
it will not work.  I even completely copied directories from another
machine and still it happens.  This makes me think that there is a
problemin the windows folder directly or in the wonderful registry
(win2000 by the way).

Has anyone else had this happen, or has an idea of where to look?  I
basically have a machine that I can't get on display emulation.  All
other parts of Ops Nav work fine!

Thanks

john

John Bussert