>i did a dsplib qdoc print.
>
>at the bottom of this report was a number of what
>
>Total size :        4111692800
>
>my understanding from my reading is this number means 4.1 billion bytes or
>4.1 gig
>is this correct. I think qdoc is where the folders live?

Hi

Yep 4gigs - pretty large !

Finding where its gone is not always straightforward.

If you want I can e-mail you a couple of programs which I
wrote many moons ago to list all folders & associated size
on the as/400:
(not sure if everyone wants this or whether theres a
more straightforward answer).

This is a summary report example.

*...+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7....+....8.

                               FOLDERS ANALYSIS                  Date:   5/04/00

                                     SUMMARY                     Page:         1

Folder                    Size          Folder                    Size

ADMIN                  109.876 MBytes   ADMIN                   41.357 MBytes

ADMIN2                   3.711 MBytes   AGREEMNT                 1.526 MBytes

ATSARP3                   .225 MBytes   BENXXXXX                 5.087 MBytes

BEXXXXX                   .000 MBytes   BEN                       .000 MBytes

BM                       1.686 MBytes   BOOKLET                  2.720 MBytes

BRI                       .259 MBytes   CAROL                    4.997 MBytes

CGMA                     2.120 MBytes   CHEAT                     .000 MBytes

CORR                      .000 MBytes   CUSTOMER                  .000 MBytes

DALP                     1.023 MBytes   DATAULC                   .614 MBytes

DAVEB                     .000 MBytes   DAVEE                     .000 MBytes

DDT                      1.790 MBytes   DOC                       .000 MBytes

ECXXXX                   7.740 MBytes   EDT                       .016 MBytes

... snip ...
                                        Total Size             434.583 MBytes