  • Subject: RE: FTP and variables
  • From: "Angela Wawrzaszek(EXCH)" <wawrzaszeka@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:14:51 -0400

 I had a similar program need this is what I did, it may not be the best of
solutions.
What I am doing is on the as/400 when the user pressed a cmd key I take a
var that they enter and go to another network on our lan to get that var.txt
file and bring it back to the as/400.  Hope this helps.

1.  In CL on the 400 I create a cmd that has the two system names I am
getting the files from.  file.bat is the bat file on the IFS, and field.txt
is the file I am grabbing from the other system on the network.  I replace
'field' with the variable name I want (ie. date in your case)

2. file.bat - copies the file I send in from the CL and copies it to a
generic name file.  I then ftp this file up to the as/400.

3. Is the file containing the ftp steps

1.
*************** Beginning of data *********************************
             PGM        PARM(&var)
             DCL        VAR(&var) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(2)
             DCL        VAR(&CMD) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(100)
             CHGVAR     VAR(&CMD) +
                          VALUE('\\ifssystem\dir\file.bat +
                              \\othersystem\dir\field.txt')

             CHGVAR     (%SST(&CMD 36 2)) VALUE(&var)
             STRPCO
             MONMSG     MSGID(IWS4010)
             STRPCCMD   PCCMD(&CMD) PAUSE(*NO)

ENDPGM

2.
FILE.BAT:
COPY %1 \\system\dir\genericfile.TXT
ftp -s:\\system\dir\file.txt
exit

3.
genericfile.txt
open (ip address)
user
password
put c:\dir\genericfile.txt library/destinationfile.mbr
quit