  • Subject: Re: ODBC access to system catalog files
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:23:02 -0500

Start
Programs
IBM AS/400 Client Access
ODBC administration
Select your AS/400
Click on Configure
Select the Performance Tab
What do you have in OS/400 library view?

Now, how do I fix this for Op's Nav database?

dshaw@spartan.com on 03/29/2000 05:06:19 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet
To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet
cc:
Fax to:
Subject:        ODBC access to system catalog files

Hey, y'all!

I have a colleague here who would like to be able to view the contents of the
system catalog files in QSYS from MS Access.  We're finding that we can't see
any files in any library that's not in the user portion of the ODBC library
list, which is of course the *USRLIBL from the system value plus any default
libraries we put in the data source definition.  Any library in the system
portion of the library list can't be entered in the default libraries, of
course.  Is there any way around this?  I've looked for documentation, but Info
Center isn't playing nice and I haven't found anything relevant yet in the
Support Line Knowledge Base.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Dave Shaw
Spartan International, Inc.
Spartanburg, SC