  • Subject: RE: New AS\400 user
  • From: "David Dunfield" <ddunfie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 13:17:09 -0500

Try to do a DSPTAP DEV(TAP01) DATA(*SAVRST).
If your tape files are in Save Restore Format you should see the name of the
library that was saved and a list of the objects saved.
If you see that information
Enter   RSTOBJ OBJ(*ALL) SAVLIB(Library Name) DEV(TAP01) MBROPT(*ALL)
ALWOBJDIF(*ALL) TOLIB(TAPEDUMP)

                     If you do not see save restore information you will
need to do a CPYFRMTAP. You will need to do a DSPTAP DEV(TAP01) and note the
file names, tape sequence #, record and block lengths for the file and use
those as parameters on the CPYFRMTAP command. You will need to create
Physical Files that match the tape files in your library using CRTPF
specifying Library/File and a record length to match the tape file record
length before your copy.