  • Subject: RE: Protect WEB pages on AS/400
  • From: "Andrei Centea" <acentea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:31:39 -0500

Brad

I'm in your fan club ... and a strong user of SPLTOOL & FTPTOOL & CO.

Still, CHGAUT doesn't work.

On this stage of our application, AS/400 is only hosting the web. The main
web and its subwebs, defined in ROOT \ LOTUS \ DOMINO \ DATA \ DOMINO \ HTML
\ ... are targeted by all kind of users. Some of them are AS/400 users,
others are not and will never be.

That makes all references to OS/400 authorities irrelevant, as you cannot
refer non-existent users.

I defined the links to be portable. Transfering the web structure on an NTFS
machine, it works well and restrictions can be applied. On the IFS, it works
well except *PUBLIC which is entitled to surf all. Even if I put *PUBLIC
*NONE, they can surf in peace.

It might be linked to the fact that I don't use IBM's HTTP server but the
DOMINO one on the AS/400?

Other opinions ?

Thx,

Andrei Centea
Sara Lee Branded Apparel of Canada (Canadelle)
514-723-8428

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Yup... CHGAUT command.

First exclude public from dirs and files for the webs.  Then grant at least
*R to files, dirs used for web pages.

How I do it after initial setup is to use FTPTOOL to execute a program
after
a PUT is done with FTP.  This submits a job with a delay of 5 seconds and
does a CHGAUT on the file uploaded (which is sent as a parm from FTPTOOL).
Works like a charm.

FTPTOOL can be downloaded at www.bvstools.com

Brad
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
( ... ) I just finished some WEB pages made with FRONT PAGE and have hosted
them on
AS/400 for our Intranet, on the DOMINO server. All is fine, except their
*public authority which is granted by default. So I want to manage
permissions / restrictions similar with doing it with Front Page on any NT
box.

Unfortunately, Front Page can manage the security of webs and subwebs only
if they are hosted on an NTFS machine. And OS/400 authorities for
the AS/400 objects in IFS cannot be applied here.

Has anybody succeeded a workaround?