  • Subject: RE: What was W.O.P.R?
  • From: "Mike Cunningham" <MCUNNING@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:49:35 -0500

The blinking lights reminded me of the front panel on our old Univac
Spectra mainframe..... or maybe a TRS-80 hooked up to some christmas
lights ... I think the TRS-80 had more RAM

>>> bvstone@taylorcorp.com 02/22/00 03:33PM >>>
I know that stuff.. what type of machine was it, and what OS did it
run.

Judging by the movie, it had a very delicate and sophisticated OS.
When
playing a game, to enter the number of players as zero, you actually
type
Zero, instead of "0" which means that it was doing some sort of OCR
befre it
was hip.

Could you enter "One" for one player?  No... I know he entered "1".
But
Zero.. oh yes.

As far as a machine type, I'm guessing it was a secret hybrid from
Hasboro
judging by the lights.  Probably a prototype of some supre "Lite
Bright".
And that humming noise must have meant stiction was setting in.

Put an X in the center SQUARE!

MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com.
MIDRANGE-L-SUB@midrange.com.