  • Subject: Re: RGZPFM mistake on a giant file at mid-day
  • From: JFinney@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 09:10:45 +0200

Hi Joel,

I notice a couple of replies have more-than-adequately answered your
question. If I may add my 2 cents (South African).

We have a couple of what I like to call interceptor pgms. All they are, are
commands/pgms which sit at the top of the system libl and when an
operator/user/whoever types in WRKQRY from the command line, for instance,
the job priority is lowered to 30 (interactive) and the normal QSYS/WRKQRY
command is invoked.

What I'm getting at is, is there perhaps some use for this type of
"pre-validation" of files to be re-organized during office hours on live
libraries?

Just a thought

Regards
John.