• Subject: RE: SQL Fetch problem in V4R4
  • From: "Mark A. Manske" <mmanske@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 13:10:23 -0600
  • Importance: Normal

check PTF level first, we went to V4R4 and in reading the PTF info that we
have received, ohhh boy, there where MANY
patches with regards to SQL, IP, CA, and QM - first get current, we had
similar problems with plain old query.

HTH


-----Original Message-----
From: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com
[mailto:owner-midrange-l@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Gonzalez, Christina
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2000 11:37 AM
To: 'Midrange mail list'
Subject: SQL Fetch problem in V4R4


Hi,
                We upgraded 2 development boxes over the weekend to V4R4.
All of a sudden, I have a program bombing that used to work.  The problem is
this:

                I have a program with embedded sql which fetches data 10
rows at a time and puts the data into a multiple occurrance data structure.
This program worked fine before v4r4 and is currently running in our
production system which is still at v4r3.  What appears to be happening is
that when the program executes the fetch and the data gets put into the data
structure occurances, the data gets all scrambled up. When I try to use this
data to write to another file, I get data-decimal errors. I even tried
changing the program to only fetch one row at a time.  In that case what
happened was that the fetch scrambled the data that went into the SQL_
variables before they are moved to the host variables.

                If that wasn't weird enough, when I compile the program and
specify ALWCPYDTA(*YES), this error goes away and the program runs fine.
However, I wanted to use ALWCPYDTA(*OPTIMIZE) as I'm processing all the rows
selected.  Compiling the program with *OPTIMIZE gives me data-decimal
errors.

                I've looked through the latest SQL manuals in the
Information Center to see if there was some kind of change in the way Fetch
works but didn't see anything.

                I did read about the new QAQQINI file and asked our IT guys
to copy it to QUSRSYS but that still didn't work.  Perhaps it isn't
configured properly.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to properly do
this?

                OR, Is it possible that there is a PTF missing somewhere?
If there was something wrong with the program, it wouldn't run at all.  But
it runs fine with the *YES parameter.

                Any help would be appreciated.

                Christina Gonzalez
+---
| This is the Midrange System Mailing List!
| To submit a new message, send your mail to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com.
| To subscribe to this list send email to MIDRANGE-L-SUB@midrange.com.
| To unsubscribe from this list send email to MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
| Questions should be directed to the list owner/operator:
david@midrange.com
+---

+---
| This is the Midrange System Mailing List!
| To submit a new message, send your mail to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com.
| To subscribe to this list send email to MIDRANGE-L-SUB@midrange.com.
| To unsubscribe from this list send email to MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
| Questions should be directed to the list owner/operator: david@midrange.com
+---

This thread ...

Replies:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2019 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].