  • Subject: Re: AS/6000
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhui@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 07:50:13 -0500

Roger, Roger, Roger,

> You say that like I'm making IBM's financial numbers up. I'm not. Check 'em
> out on the Web. Quit being so narrow and think a little about what's going
> on.
<snip>
> I don't know why IBM can't ship upgrades. Ask IBM.
>
> rp

  I wasn't questioning your assessment of 1999 and I certainly don't deny
'Rochester's Rotten Year'. As you correctly pointed out, it has only been
reported in every trade rag and industry web site.

  I was asking the question because 'the data doesn't add up'.  Were I a
manufacturing concern that had about the worst 4Q sales ever, you'd think that
at
least in the early part of the next quarter I'd have stuff available to ship!

  Is this logic OK or am I missing something here??  Do AS/400 parts have
freshness dates so they toss everything at the end of the year?  Maybe they
found
out their stock of parts was not Y2K compliant and junked 'em!   So my theory is
they Expected and planned for a crummy 4Q leaving them with an empty wagon, or
1Q2K is off to a rocking start!  (Can we hope for the latter?)

 - Larry

--
Larry Bolhuis         |         What if it's True?
Arbor Solutions, Inc  |