  • Subject: RE: Save-while-active
  • From: "Shaw, David" <dshaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 10:27:18 -0500

Rob,

There are certain object types that save while active can't get if there are
locks on them.  Data areas are the ones I've run into the most.  It's an irksome
limitation, since so many applications use data areas for various purposes.  I
don't know if IBM ever intends to remove it.  I imagine the "official" solution
is simply not to use data areas that way - not a very practical suggestion,
IMHO.

Dave Shaw