  • Subject: Re: Hello! I am new member of list and excited to be part ofthis.
  • From: email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (James W Kilgore)
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 15:43:44 -0800

Allen,

The active usage of the object in QRPLOBJ is working as designed.

Upon a program call, a resolution stage is processed (locate the
program) and any subsequent calls are expedited to the previously
resolved call.

There are a few ways to handle this:

1) have your programs return with LR on. Pro: Each call evokes a
resolution process. Cons: Each call evokes a resolution process. (time)

2) have the users sign off then back on again.  The PAG (program access
group) dies and a new resolution process occurs. Pro: New program is put
into use. Cons: user complaints and difficult timing.

3) time your application upgrades to when no users are signed on.

4) incorporate into your application version control.  This is done by
not calling programs directly, but via a call requester.  The call
requester can manage the reinitiating of a program.  The program checks
a data area for the current version number and if it does not match it's
internal hard coded number, LR is turned on a return code to sent back
to the call requester which knows to call again.  This time the newer
version will be resolved.