I would like to take this opportunity to send some of this information to
the involved parties.

ALewman is Andrew Lewman and is listed as the technical contact at
Techtarget.com, the parent of  Search400.com (as listed at Samspade.org).

Andrew, as can be evidenced below, many of the members of our mailing list
have been repeatedly spammed by Search400.  Numerous attempts to get them to
stop sometime succeed, sometimes don't.  We are asking for your help in
getting through to Search400 that they are being irresponsible with their
e-mailings.

I believe the appropriate responses to this problem by Search400 are:
(Preferable) Immediately purge all e-mail addresses from the mailings
database and subsequently implement an opt-in policy.  (Less perferable)
Send out another e-mail with a note stating that there will not be any
further mailings unless the recipient replies to that mail, with the address
database being subsequently purged.  If Search400 tries to use the "But our
list is opt-in" excuse, we have many members who definitely know they didn't
opt-in.  The current theory is that the addresses were farmed from this
mailing list.

We appreciate any help you can give us in this matter.  If you have some
difficulty in passing on this message to the decision makers at TechTarget,
our next action will be to contact your upstream provider (which I believe
is BBNPlanet) to see if they will be able to help us.  I would ask that you
contact David@midrange.com and/or myself with the results of your
discussions.

Bill Robins