• Subject: Re: IBM to LINUX enable all server hardware.
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhui@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 10:24:09 -0500

> I wonder how they will "Linux Enable" the AS/400?

I would think the first move would be Linux for the FSIOP. Then Linux for the
IPCS. Next Linux for the INS.  Then when it's so far behind that nobody runs it,
Drop support.  (see 'Netware')

> CA/400 for Linux?  Probably wouldn't be a bad move.

Please! They're just getting used to Win9x after all those years writing for
OS/2!

 - Larry

--
Larry Bolhuis         |         What if it's True?
Arbor Solutions, Inc  |