  • Subject: Re: Death of Client Access Sessions
  • From: rgh@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 21:40:17 -0600

Jeff,
For dropping sessions, check you inactivity time in CHGTELNA and WRKSYSVAL
QINACTITV.  It may be this is set too low.

You say it just starts refusing connections.  Check what QAUTOVRT is set
to.  This value should be high enough to support the number of display and
printer sessions.  When QAUTOVRT is 10 and there are 10 active sessions,
the next connection gets rejected.

Richard G. Hartmann   AS/400 TCP/IP, Telnet Server/Client, Workstation
Gateway, Print Server development
e-mail: rgh@us.ibm.com