  • Subject: Re: LIMITING Programmer ACCES TO LIVE DATA
  • From: "Carl Galgano" <cgalgano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 08:00:52 -0500

I remember back in the dark ages (1981), I work for a company that had a
4331 with 1 meg of memory.  Anyway, the executive payroll was stored on a
removable disk pack (remember those).  The MIS manager would bring in the
pack from home, run the executive payroll, remove the pack and take it home
till the next pay period.
CJG

Carl Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
540 Powder Springs Street
Suite C19
Marietta, GA  30064
770-422-2995
mailto: cgalgano@ediconsulting.com
http://www.ediconsulting.com
EDI, Communications and AS400 Technical Consulting