  • Subject: STRINFSKR
  • From: "Jaladi Ravi Kiran, Gurgaon" <jaladirk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 14:34:10 +0530

Hi everybody, and WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MILLENNIUM 2000.

For those who are working under OS V4R4, here the steps to start the info
seeker from the green screen itself . this following tip I got it from my
local IBM.

TRY THIS:
To start InfoSeeker, the QBMGINFSKR data area has to be created in the
QUSRSYS
library on the AS/400.  The instructions below will show you step-by-step
how to create and display the QBMGINFSKR data area.

        To use InfoSeeker, follow the steps below:
        Logon into QSECOFR to your V4R4 machine  and...
        1.      Create a Data Area called QBMGINFSKR.
                i.      Create a data area QBMGINFSKR by using CRTDTAARA
command, in library QUSRSYS with type *CHAR.
ii.     Press ENTER key.

        2.      Verify the Data Area Exists:
                i.      Type DSPDTAARA and hit F4
                ii.     In the Data Area field type in QBMGINFSKR
                iii.    In the Library field type in QUSRSYS
                iv.     Hit Enter
                v.      The data area, QBMGINFSKR should exist.
A message should be displayed that tells the user about the existence
        of the data area.
        vi.     If the data area does not exist, repeat step
1 again
        3.      Start InfoSeeker:
                i.      Type in STRINFSKR on your AS/400 command line.
                ii.     The data area should be found and
InfoSeeker should start.

All the best . enjoy the reader.

Regards
Ravi