  • Subject: Re: CA/400 Tab Key Problem.
  • From: Jim Langston <jlangston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 14:40:09 -0800

This happens to me all the time.  After I pick my PC keyboard
up about 2 inches from the desk and drop it it sometimes fixes
it.  Or repeatedly hitting the alt key.

The alt key is sticking.  That has been my conclusion when this
exact thing happens in windows, in quite a number of different
programs.

A new keyboard seems to be a solution.

If it turns out this is not the problem, could you please let me
know?

Regards,

Jim Langston

Kerwin Crawford wrote:

 We are running in to a random problem that I was wondering if any of you had this and know a fix. We are running Client Access in a 5250 emulation on a multiple AS/400 network.  Most PC's are running close to if not the current Service Pack. We are not sure what the cause is.  But the problem is, when hitting the "tab" key it will jump to the next window.  Much like when hitting the "alt-tab" key sequence.  The user is not pressing on the "alt" key at the same time.  If the "alt" key is pressed the problem appears to be fixed. I know what you are saying this sounds like a PC issue.  The PC Teck suspects that Client Access is the problem, due to it only happens when CA is up and running.  Do any of you know of anything that we can look at.  I have looked at the keyboard mapping and do not see anything odd. TIA