  • Subject: Re: VIRUS Alert for the LIST
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 8:36:19 -0500

It depends on the terminology.  I guess I don't know the true definition of a
virus.
For instance if the definition says that it must use certain disk addressing
techniques
that only people without a sex life take the time to learn then maybe it
wouldn't
work on the 400 because these address schemes are hardware / operating system
dependent.
For example trying to run Norton Utilities to defrag a drive mapped to your 400
won't
work.  However if the definition includes things that can hose up your computer
then I
would suppose that the 400 is prone to a virus.  For example DEL I:*.*  might
do
nasties if your I: drive was mapped to your 400.

We used to run PC programs that would scan the files on our 400's shared
folders years
ago.  We did this by mapping drives.  Yes we did find viruses stored up there.
The
400 can be a carrier.

boothm@earth.goddard.edu on 12/26/99 08:39:20 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet