  • Subject: Re: REXX from command line (was text equation)
  • From: Jim Langston <jlangston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 08:19:16 -0800

Okay... I have this REXX calculator right now I can use with
STRREXPRC parm('1+2*3')

What I would *like* to do is be able to say
eval '1+2*3'
and have the answer come up as a program message
sndpgmmsg is what I would use in CL.

Thinking about all the pieces that need to fit together...

I think I would need to be able to return a parameter
from REXX to pass to a CL that would do the SNDBRKMSG.
then I would create a CMD for the CL wrapper for the
REXX program.

Okay, is there a URL for an online book I can go to for
the REXX interpreter for the AS/400?

Regards,

Jim Langston