  • Subject: Re: Query Bug?
  • From: Jim Langston <jlangston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:45:12 -0800

Sounds to me like your report is summary only.  On a
summary only report only the fields with sub totals will
show up.

I had this exact same problem with something I was doing.
My solution was simple, make FLDA a break field.  Since
it was a break field, it would show up on the report.  In my
case there was always one unique FLDA for each FLDB,
so I could get away with it (FLDA was customer number,
FLDB was customer name.  Breaking on FLDA or FLDB
only and the other wouldn't show up. Break on both, and
they both showed up).

A side effect of this, however, was I now received 2 lines
for each customer instead of only one.  One for the FLDA
break and one for the FLDB break.  I lived with it.

Another option you might be able to do.  In my case I could
of created a CALC field that was simply FLDA || '   ' || FLDB
and break on this.  That way I would of only gotten one break
per combination.

Regards,

Jim Langston