  • Subject: Re: Telnet Exit Program Problem
  • From: Ray Peterson <rpeterso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 19:29:00 -0600

Jeffrey...

I downloaded the telnet44.savf and have been unable to ftp it successfully to
the
AS/400.  I thought I had something wrong somewhere and haven't had time to look
at
it until today.  After many iterations and trying various ftp options,
recreating
the savefile on the /400, and after downloading the telnet44.savf file again
from
the web site, I am unable to ftp the telnet44.savf to the save file I created
on my
/400.  To prove to myself that my ftp process was sound, I ftp'd the telnet42
version from my pc to the /400 (and into the save file I had created for the 4.4
version), and that worked correctly!

So I decided to try the telnet44.zip version instead.  Well, that file will not
unzip - I get a message that the telnet44.zip file is missing 1176 bytes in the
zip
file!  It tries to unzip it anyhow but that is not successful.

The bottom line is I'm unable to go any further until I get one or the other
downloads to work.

Can you look at the files posted on the web to see if they are indeed defective?
I'm  reasonably sure they are both defective but you never know...

Thanks for the help,

Ray

--
Ray Peterson