• Subject: OPNQRYF question: how to build format without mapping each field
  • From: "Stone, Joel" <StoneJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 12:31:32 -0500

Title: OPNQRYF question: how to build format without mapping each field

I use OPNQRYF to make one file format look like another.  If the input file format has 10 fields, and the output format has 50 fields, must I map the 40 missing fields and load each with a constant?

Is there a way to avoid mapping the 40 missing fields?  I would think CPYFRMQRYF *MAP should work, but maybe that is too late.

Any other ideas?

Does SQL handle this better???

Thanks!

This thread ...