• Subject: Retrieve Query Definition
  • From: "Steve Raisor" <sraisor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:02:59 -0500

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to retrieve the definition of query.  I would like to use parts of this definition in a RPG or CL program.  I know I can do RTVQMQRY to retrieve the SQL statement, however, I would like to know if the query is outfiling and if it is, to what library.  I would settle for parsing through the print of a query definition, but see no way to print the definition using a program without running the query using RUNQRY.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Steve Raisor
Information Systems
North American Stainless