John, there's ways I'm sure, but one more way might be using a Visual Age RPG application on your PC to monitor the AS/400 data queue and then write the record on the PC for you in a *.dat file.   Among the long list of things I know nothing about is included the data queue, but I do know that VARPG easily accesses the AS/400 and easily writes records to the PC with a program-described output file.

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com

Sent by:        owner-midrange-l@midrange.com