  • Subject: Client Access Emulator Macros with 10 Second Waits
  • From: "Reger, Bill" <breger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:09:18 -0400

One thing that has always puzzled me is why IBM puts the 10-second waits
into the Macros that you can record and playback in the Client Access
Emulator.  The following is an example of a macro after recording:

[wait app]
"addlible qgpl
[enter]
[wait inp inh]
wait 10 sec until FieldAttribute 0000 at (20,6)
wait 10 sec until cursor at (20,7)
[wait app]
"addlible qtemp
[enter]

These 10-seconds waits sometimes cause the macro to take a lot longer to
playback than it should.  I have generally gone into the macro and removed
the 10-second wait line(s) and the [wait app] line immediately following.
Removing these lines has never caused my any problem other than it's a royal
pain in the neck to remove these, particularly on big macros.  Does anyone
know why these waits are inserted and whether removing them might cause me
some grief someday?  Is anyone at IBM listening who would like to respond?

William K. Reger
Senior Project Manager
Levitz Furniture Corporation
Phone:  (561) 994-5114