  • Subject: RE: PF File Definition questions...
  • From: Buck Calabro <mcalabro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 15:49:39 -0400

I knew there'd be an explanation.  So even if you started out with an
arrival sequence file, after the ADDPFCST you'd have a keyed physical.
Makes sense, based on the idea that RI is all done with the keys, not with
the data.

Thanks Rob!

Buck Calabro

-snip-

>   Access path . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :            Keyed
>   Access path size  . . . . . . . . . . . . . : ACCPTHSIZ  *MAX1TB
>   Maximum key length  . . . . . . . . . . . . :               5
>   Maximum record length . . . . . . . . . . . :               15
>   File is currently journaled . . . . . . . . :            No
> Access Path Description
>   Access path maintenance . . . . . . . . . . : MAINT      *IMMED
>   Unique key values required  . . . . . . . . : UNIQUE     Yes
>   Access path journaled . . . . . . . . . . . :            No
>   Access path . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :            Keyed
>   Constraint Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :            PRIMARY

-snip-

> mcalabro@commsoft.net on 10/15/99 01:26:38 PM
>
> I am fairly new to RI, so I had to try this.

-snip about creating a non-keyed PF and adding RI to it-