  • Subject: Re: Logicals not restored
  • From: "R. Bruce Hoffman, Jr." <rbruceh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 07:58:55 -0400

So, you say that the 11 logicals are on both machines, but not on the
DSPDBR command? If this is true, either the logicals are pointed to a
different physical file or the system needs a reclaim (but why bother on
a test machine?).

As for the first option, since you are using the allow object
differences parameter, there could be multiple copies of the physical in
the library and the logicals could be over one of the copies. When you
specify ALWOBJDIF(*YES), and the file exists, the existing file is
renamed and the last four (4) characters are changed to a numeric
sequence number beginning with 0001. Then the file on the tape is
restored.

So, if the logicals were to be restored first, then the physical, you
could get the results that you are describing.