  • Subject: Re: Thin Client on AS400
  • From: "Gavin L. Rulon" <semfi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:50:34 -0500

Citrix is running on a Compaq Proliant 3000.
MS NT Windows Terminal Server with Service Pack 4 loaded
1 - Pentium II 450MHz Processor
512 MB RAM
3 - 9 GB drives with Compaq's hardware Raid 5... (this is sweet!!!)
It resides on a 50 User Novell Network.
we usually have 30+/- logged on at a given time... Our entire business is
run out of the 400 so Reflections is our main app, however, we also use a
bunch of MS Office 97 stuff, which is also available on the box...
additionally my assistant is an Access geek.. and she puts databases on the
Citrix box for everyone...
(I am still converting from Machine 36 to 36 environment and I don't have
all my DDS done yet... mia culpa...)
also, everyone gets their email from a Linux SMTP server which they can
(easily) access from the Citrix.
They could do by setting up their remote mail for it and accessing thru our
partial T1 line.. but Citrix just simplifies life for all...cause you don't
have to change your home email setup...
I hope this helps some... there is a lot that can be done with Citrix... and
we have only had it for 6 months or so.. but I am planning on moving my
MapInfo stuff over to the box and giving all access to certain Marketing
Maps... (after I get done with DDS of course)...

I really like Citrix... I am going to load NDS for NT and manage it all from
my Novell Network....
HTH...
Gavin