From: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com
[mailto:owner-midrange-l@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Stone, Brad V (TC
OASIS)
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 1999 11:11 AM
To: 'MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: WEB SOLUTIONS SOFTWARE

Bleddyn,

I disagree to a certain extent.  You're heavy into Net.Data, so I see why
you feel the way you do.

But...

For the RPG programmer, especially one that is comfortable with ILE, CGI
programming will not only be easier and faster, but the learning curve will
be nill.  Also, with CGI there is more control.

If a programmer is comforatble with RPG, CL, OPNQRYF, etc, RPG CGI is
definatly the way to go.  If they're comfortable with both, maybe a mix of
the two would be good.  If they're only SQL folk, then Net.Data may be the
way to go.  If they know COBOL, then ILE COBOL for CGI is the way to go.

By the way, when are you going to update your links to my site on your page?
I've mailed you a few times on it.  ;)

Bradley V. Stone
BVS/Tools
http://www.bvstools.com