Support is great,  but we are jumping through hoops as well.  We were told
that the Windows served client didn't use telnet.  After we purchased the
product and have an investment in it we found out that it does require
telnet. We would not have purchased the product has we been told the truth.

We have problems with 3.0 updating all of the application files over the
internet regardless of our check statements.  This is a know issue, and we
were told to use version 3.0j385, but not to give it any of our customers.
This is like telling our drivers they need new tires, here they are, but
don't drive on them.  (We are in transportation)

We are required to use two versions of the developer since there is not a
fully functional developer for 3.0.

We were told we could customize the Jwalk images used for the install to
utilize our images.  After we purchase the product we are told that option
would require install from the web at a cost of $700 per developer.

We were under the impression that we could develop the application once and
distribute it to all of our clients.  This is not the case.  The Java client
doesn't support animated gif's, bitmaps, advanced graphics, and a few other
things.  The windows 3.11 client doesn't support JPG's.  Since Gif's are not
good for the graphics we are using, this means we have to develop one
version for the Java customers, and another for the Windows 3.11 customers
as Windows 3.11 cannot run the Java client - it requires JVM 1.1 which isn't
available for WFW3.11.  The windows version also doesn't support the Zero
Admin as far as updates to the client.

We were going to utilize the Java Client (400k) and let our customers use
this for the most part, giving the Windows client to those that need the
advanced functions.   Since the Java client cannot run on anything other
than 95, 98, or NT we are forced to send them out CD's.  The software
requires Netscape 4.01, or I.E. 4.02 SP2, as well as the 5 - 10 Mb for the
client.  With some of our customers still at 2400 baud, most around 14.4 -
this would a long time over the internet.

Needless to say, this hasn't been an easy transition from Green Screen to
GUI.