  • Subject: Re: Qsecofr access
  • From: John Earl <johnearl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 13:22:29 -0700

Allen,

You're right.  It's a combination of the *ALLOBJ and *SECADM that allows your
operator to change QSECOFR's password.   The only way to prevent this is to take
one of both of these special authorities from the operator.

As for allowing the operator to change passwords, that can easily be done via an
adopted authority program that.  News/400 published one of mine in October 1993
that will do the job, and prevents the operator from changing the authority of a
*ALLOBJ user.  If you download that one, you might want to update it a bit
because it's a bit dated.

There are also commercial packages available that do this.   The one I like is
from Rapport Software (www.rapportsoftware.com), it is pretty comprehensive and
reasonbly priced as well.

jte

--
John Earl                                           johnearl@powertechgroup.com
The PowerTech Group                        206-575-0711