  • Subject: RE: Send Message Reply (SNDRPY)
  • From: Bob Crothers <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:15:14 -0500

How about:

RCVMSG MSGQ(fred) msgtype(*inq) keyvar(&msgkey) rmv(*no) msg(&msgtext)
msgid(&msgid) rtntype(&type)

if (&type *eq '05') then(do) /* Inquiry */
sndrpy msgkey(&msgkey) msgq(fred) rpy('Some Reply")
enddo

It has been a very long time since I attempted to do this sort of
thing, but I think the above will do what you are looking for.

What you are trying to do (if I understand correctly) is possible...I
have done it in the past.