I would agree with Hans,  Somewhere in your program stack, a program
is doing something like passing a 20 byte alpha parm and the called program
that is called defines it as 200 and does a CLEAR or something.  It most
likely
has nothing to do with the programs that show the symptom.   It's like
looking
up at the ceiling and seeing a leak,  but in reality the Real leak is 30
feet away,
running down a rafter, to the place you really see the leak.

It's a mismatched parm but not in the programs that show the symptom.

John Carr

>OK, your program uses PARM3 only to move the data to some other
field, which is then used to access the data.  So, there is a
very short window between when the program is called and that
MOVE happens.  If some other program is corrupting the stack,
you would only notice the problem if the corruption happens
during that short window.  When the corruption happens at
other times, you won't notice it.

The bug is not in the program that fails, but in some other
program that overwrites some storage it shouldn't.  Check the
compile dates of other programs in the application to try to
narrow down the list of suspects.

Cheers!  Hans