  • Subject: RE: UPS trouble
  • From: "Neil Palmer" <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 17:08:35 -0400

Yes - had identical problem about 3 weeks after installing new 170 with
9910-140 UPS.  I just wrote the first instance off - annoyed as I was I
didn't have the time to follow up - but when it happened again about a week
later (and the other two unprotected systems in the room stayed up) I put
in a service call.
They shipped a replacement overnight and it's been OK since January.  I
suspect a production problem with some of the 9910's but of course they
wouldn't admit it.
I haven't followed up in detail, but I suspect that if you connect the CPM
(Continuously Powered Mainstorage) cables, that you need to specify a lower
value in QUPSDLYTIM.

Neil Palmer         DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
                                             AS/400~~~~~
Markham,  Ontario,   Canada    ___________          ___  ~
Phone: (905) 474-4890  x303   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:   (905) 474-4898          oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com        AS/400  The Ultimate Business Server

"Turner, Deb" <turnerd@bluffton.edu> on 99-08-04 14:14:15

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com