  • Subject: RE: Problems with CA 5250 Emulation over TCP/IP]
  • From: "Guzak, Michael" <Michael_guzak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 15:32:17 -0400

For those who are interested, here are the Comm Check messages, right from
the Client Access Help File.

Communication Check messages

 COMM messages are communication reminders that indicate status or error
conditions.

 Some 68n messages may appear as either COMM or MACH checks.  The
explanations for COMM 68n codes also apply to MACH 68n codes.

  16  The network name specified for your PC is already in use by another PC
on your LAN.

  504  The workstation is waiting for null XID from host to establish the
ADLC connection. (5250 session)

  505  The workstation receives null XID and the ADLC link goes into
negotiation stage. (5250 session)

  510  The negotiation between the host and workstation has completed, and
the workstation is waiting for the acknowledge of VPD data. (5250 session)

  519  A data block was received that exceeded the size of the PIU.
  653  The maximum number of sessions configured for this user has been
exceeded or user does not have access to the LU name or POOL name configured
for this session.

  655  Waiting for Telnet option-negotiation from the Telnet5250 server
(5250 session).

  656  Initializing the TCP/IP Socket interface for Telnet5250 (5250
session).

  657  Resolving Telnet5250 server host-domain name (5250 session).

  658  Initializing the TCP connection for Telnet5250 (5250 session).

  659  The Telnet5250 TCP connection has been cut off (5250 session).

  661  Searching for the next available LU or Pool Name on the Microsoft SNA
Server.

  680  The workstation is offline from the LAN during initialization.

  681  The LAN adapter failed to initialize correctly.

  682  The LAN adapter failed to open.

  683  The LAN adapter DHB (send-buffer) size could not be determined.

  684  The SAP on the LAN adapter failed to open.

  685  The link-station connection failed.

  686  The LAN gateway is not active or you specified its address
incorrectly.

  687  The session with the LAN gateway is currently not active.

  688  The workstation is disconnected from the LAN.

  689  A TRANSMIT or RECEIVE command from the LAN failed.

  695  The workstation is off line from the control unit.