  • Subject: Re: Wierd CA Printer problem
  • From: "Gerald Magnuson" <magnuson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:32:47 -0500

We have had that problem as well, since we went from V3R7 (CA version
V3R1M3)
to V4R3 (CA version V3R2).  We received from IBM some PTF's to fix this
problem.
I do not recall what they were, but the scenario was the same as what John
spoke of:
We varied off, and deleted the device description, and it would not
re-create.  The PTF's
had a program to call,  But I think it required an IPL to activate one of
the PTF's.

I have another problem that IBM is not able to fix. It deals with NT
workstations and
HP DeskJet printers, not able to run a printer session.  After Several
rounds of
 "Reinstall CA" and "Reinstall the printer drivers", I gave up.  This
problem cropped
 up early last year, but a service pack fixed it.  Now that we are on V4R3
(CA V3R2)
it has popped back up.