  • Subject: RE: Quick field scan
  • From: John P Carr <jpcarr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 20:13:37 -0400

        If you use an imbeded SQL program that did the SQL LIKE keyword,
OS/400 would have to move the record from the ODP
        to the RPG input field Buffer,  etc, look at the record,  say,  Nah,
and do the same thing over.

        The interagation would be done at a much lower leve.

        The same thing could be done with OPNQRYF command with the *CT
function(Contains).

        John Carr