  • Subject: LPR from AS/400 to VSE
  • From: Scotty Muir <scottymu@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 10:47:05 -0400

Hi All,
I am currently trying to print a report using the LPR function from
TCP/IP on an AS/400 to the 6262-14 printer on my VSE/ESA 2.2.0
mainframe. Using TCP/IP for VSE(beta K) my mainframe and the AS/400
involved are both part of the same Ethernet/Token Ring LAN.  My TCP/IP
Host Table Entry on the AS/400 has been setup and I can reach the
mainframe printer. However, when I print to the mainframe printer I get
the printout I am looking for, but unfortunately a three-page report
generates 18 pages in the power queue. Most of the garbage pages are
just a few characters on an entire page either before the first page or
between pages. I assume this is something dealing with Carriage Control,
but I am not sure.
Does anyone out there have something similar working? Any suggestions
what I need to do to  accomplish this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Scotty