  • Subject: RE: AS400 security WAS: Package Vendor that changes IBM command Defa ults.
  • From: Joe Giusto <JGiusto@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 06:27:52 -0400

Wasn't there a change in the default for creating files from the old days of
SYS38 to the 400 in the security placed on the file created?  We used to
have to grant object authority to various file (a lot of them) every time we
changed operators (and some regular users).  I'm thinking that by default
*public was excluded from the files on the 38 and on the 400 the default is
*public *change.  Now this could be bad memory or just that that's the way
the shop was set up then.
Anyone remember how that was?

Joe Giusto II
Patuxent Publishing Company