  • Subject: Re: Package Vendor that changes IBM command Defaults.
  • From: Roger Vicker <rvicker@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 20:15:16 -0400

All,

Thanks for the backup.

You've made some of the same points I plan to press. I would like to take the
ideas presented and put together a "How to rate a vendor's security approach"
guideline but it will have to wait until a couple of major conversion are done.

BTW, I don't want to outlaw a vendor using QSECOFR at all, but they should only
use it (or its equivalent) only when there is no other reasonable way to get the
needed task done. The standard mode of operation use of QSECOFR by ANYBODY other
than a dedicated security officer doing only security officer exclusive
functions
is just plan reckless.

Roger Vicker, CCP

--
*** Vicker Programming and Service *** Have bits will byte ***
Thousands of journeys have a start but no end.