  • Subject: Re: % EOF - New AS/400 Web site
  • From: John Carr <74711.77@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 18:53:09 -0400

> I went there, but there is nothing there, except links to "register",
> where you are supposed to sign up for something.
> leif.etk.com

The site I posted about(below) is a Infoworld Discussion Forum.

I thought the fact that we have been complaining about the
Non-AS/400 world/press not writing about, Discussing, supporting
the AS/400 at the same level as NT, Linux, Unix, etc that
some of us might like to visit and utilize the AS/400 specific
discussion forum set up by Infoworld(A Non-AS/400 mag Who lately
has actually given us some attention).

Or on the other hand Lets not.

Lets give Infoworld and it's writers (who talk to other
writers of other magazines like Computerworld, and the rest)
the justification to say,

"I guess the AS/400 has less interest than OS/2,  I guess it IS
a dead platform"

Ya,  That's it,  That's the right tact to take.

(BTW, The registration was just a online registration to use their forums,
just like Dejanews has and many other sites.)

Let's just stay in our own little groups and not participate
in the Non-AS/400 arena's where our visiblity would really mean
something.  Lets do our part today to help kill the platform.

And argue for days about the really important things like;
"Is a ITER the same as a GOTO ?"

Soapbox *off
%EOF
Signing off,