Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 13:51:17 -0700 From: Roger Boucher
<RBoucher@stanpac.com>
Subject: RE: Query
Thankyou, but no... same error again.  And I've used the quadruple
quotes in other CLs that call QM Queries and they work fine... as long
as the field in the file is not numeric... :-(- -----Original Message-----
From: Rob Berendt [mailto:rob@dekko.com]Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 1999
10:47 AM
To: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.comSubject: RE: Query
The problem is with your variable &QUOTE.  I started using hex
values because I couldn't remember the rules about the number of
apostrophes.  Replace:DCL        VAR(&QUOTE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1)
VALUE('''')with:
DCL        VAR(&QUOTE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1) VALUE(X'7D')and give that a try.
RBoucher@stanpac.com on 06/02/99 12:14:14 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet
To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internetcc:      Fax to:        Subject:
RE: Query
Thank you!!  Ask and ye shall receive!!  This is the Email I sent to IBM
(haven't heard back from them yet)...
This is the (stripped down version) of the program...             PGM
/* --------- Define program file(s) and variable(s). --------------- */
             DCL        VAR(&PSOPT1) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8)
             DCL        VAR(&PSOPT2) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(2)
             DCL        VAR(&QUOTE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1) VALUE('''')
             DCL        VAR(&DOCO) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
             DCL        VAR(&DCTO) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
/* --------- Retrieve processing options. -------------------------- */
/* --------- NOTE TO IBM:  THE &PSOPT1 IS THE 8 CHARACTER VALUE ---- */
/* ---------               RETURNED FROM THE RPG PROGRAM P98CLOPT--- */
/* ---------                        (EG. '00001438')             --- */
/* ---------               BUT IN THE FILE THE QMQRY IS USING THE--- */
/* ---------               FIELD IS NUMERIC.                     ---
             CALL       PGM(P98CLOPT) PARM(&PSOPT1 &PSOPT2)
             CHGVAR     VAR(&DOCO) VALUE(&QUOTE *CAT &PSOPT1 *CAT +
                          &QUOTE)
             CHGVAR     VAR(&DCTO) VALUE(&QUOTE *CAT &PSOPT2 *CAT +
                          &QUOTE)
             STRQMQRY   QMQRY(LINEONE) SETVAR((DOCO &DOCO) (DCTO +
                          &DCTO))             ENDPGM
HERE IS THE QMQRY SOURCE...  (NOTE:  PDDOCO is numeric)
SELECT PDDOCO, PDDCTO, PDSFXO, PDOBJ, PDSUB, PDSBL,
       PDURRF as Plan, PDPDS2 as ElevFROM F4311
WHERE PDDOCO=&DOCO and PDDCTO=&DCTO and PDLNID=1Thanks again for any
help.=)
- -----Original Message-----From: Rob Berendt [mailto:rob@dekko.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 1999 6:42 AMTo: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
Subject: RE: QueryI need to see the CL, at least in the area of the
STRQMQRY.
RBoucher@stanpac.com on 06/01/99 08:23:57 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet
To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internetcc:      Fax to:        Subject:
RE: Query
Well, my field is signed, not packed, so I'm not sure if it would be of
any assistance but when I try to pass the selection value as a character
field... I get this:
Message ID . . . . . . :   SQL0401       Severity . . . . . . . :   30
Message type . . . . . :   Diagnostic
Date sent  . . . . . . :   06/01/99      Time sent  . . . . . . :16:15:17
Message . . . . :   Comparison operator = operands not compatible.
Cause . . . . . :   The operands of comparison operator = are
notcompatible.
    -- Numeric operands are compatible with any other numeric operands.
    -- Character operands are compatible with operands that arecharacter,
  graphic, date, time, or timestamp.
    -- Date, time, or timestamp operands are compatible with character
  operands or with another operand of the same type.
    -- Graphic operands are compatible with graphic or characteroperands.
Thanks again for ANY help... HELP!!!
P.S.  I've already done the Digits() thing and it works but it is WAYtoo
slow.