The only area I disagree with is the part about dealing with Wn32, etc.
To me that is an upside.  <vbg> One can have good gui design without
ActiveX and Win APIs.

The other area I would comment on is the 5250 block mentality problem.  I
believe that may be real but not serious.  Many of the samples show
salient points and other windows applications show ideas and methods.  A
good programmer will shift his thinking quickly and resoundingly.
Incident-based programming is a breath of fresh air.

In <85B4A4E126D7D21180950090274EA1560B7D26@commsoft3.commsoft.net>, on