  • Subject: RE: Query
  • From: Roger Boucher <RBoucher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 09:05:46 -0700

Thank you!!  Ask and ye shall receive!!  This is the Email I sent to IBM
(haven't heard back from them yet)...

This is the (stripped down version) of the program...

             PGM

/* --------- Define program file(s) and variable(s). --------------- */

             DCL        VAR(&PSOPT1) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8)
             DCL        VAR(&PSOPT2) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(2)

             DCL        VAR(&QUOTE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1) VALUE('''')
             DCL        VAR(&DOCO) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
             DCL        VAR(&DCTO) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)

/* --------- Retrieve processing options. -------------------------- */
/* --------- NOTE TO IBM:  THE &PSOPT1 IS THE 8 CHARACTER VALUE ---- */
/* ---------               RETURNED FROM THE RPG PROGRAM P98CLOPT--- */
/* ---------                        (EG. '00001438')             --- */
/* ---------               BUT IN THE FILE THE QMQRY IS USING THE--- */
/* ---------               FIELD IS NUMERIC.                     ---

             CALL       PGM(P98CLOPT) PARM(&PSOPT1 &PSOPT2)

             CHGVAR     VAR(&DOCO) VALUE(&QUOTE *CAT &PSOPT1 *CAT +
                          &QUOTE)
             CHGVAR     VAR(&DCTO) VALUE(&QUOTE *CAT &PSOPT2 *CAT +
                          &QUOTE)

             STRQMQRY   QMQRY(LINEONE) SETVAR((DOCO &DOCO) (DCTO +
                          &DCTO))

             ENDPGM

HERE IS THE QMQRY SOURCE...  (NOTE:  PDDOCO is numeric)

SELECT PDDOCO, PDDCTO, PDSFXO, PDOBJ, PDSUB, PDSBL,
       PDURRF as Plan, PDPDS2 as Elev
FROM F4311
WHERE PDDOCO=&DOCO and PDDCTO=&DCTO and PDLNID=1

Thanks again for any help.
=)