  • Subject: Non-delivery of mail
  • From: "Brown, Camille" <cbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 11:48:52 -0400

 We are at v4r3 and are using the AS400 as a pop server.  I also have a
firewall installed on the As400.   I can see a series of messages on the
firewall that continue to  try to be delivered but never get through.
Eventually, the message below  is found in the mail server framework jobs on
the AS400 and I believe the two events are connected.  Do I have to setup
Mailer-Daemon as an account on my AS400?  This does not appear to be
interfering with delivery of e-mail.  It's just one of those annoyances that I
would like to solve.

 Message ID . . . . . . :   TCP5128
 Date sent  . . . . . . :   05/27/99      Time sent  . . . . . . :   14:05:00

 Message . . . . :   Unable to send non-delivery note.

 Cause . . . . . :   The POP non-delivery exit was trying to notify an
   originator of a failure to deliver a note. The non-delivery note was not
   deliverable.

  The originator of the note was: Mailer-Daemon@CHE400.STATE.SC.US
 Recovery  . . . :   This message is issued when a non-delivery note cannot be
   sent to the originator of a note. There may be an error in the directory or
   the SMTP alias table for this address.

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate some thoughts or maybe point
me in the direction of some reading material.

Many Thanks,
Camille Brown
S. C. Commission on Higher Education
cbrown@che400.state.sc.us