  • Subject: RE: Mainframe to AS/400 printing
  • From: "Marion, Bob" <Bob.Marion@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 12:10:32 -0500

Yes, you can pass both print and files between the AS/400 and MAINFRAME.  We
send many 100,000 pages a day each way between systems.  On the 400 set up a
HOST controller and a SNUF device.  On the mainframe you can set up a NJE(NOT
RJE) configuration.  In SNADS set up Queue type *RPDS.  The print you receive
from either source will look like a regular spool file.  There is a red book
number that I can not locate that is very detailed on the subject.  Also refer
to these two manuals:  SNA Upline Facility Programming V4R1, SNA Distribution
Services.

This is a currently working example on the 400 if attaching to ethernet:

*****CRTCTLHOST*******

 Controller description . . . . . . :   XXXXXXXX
 Option . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *BASIC
 Category of controller . . . . . . :   *HOST

 Link type  . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *LAN
 Online at IPL  . . . . . . . . . . :   *YES
 Active switched line . . . . . . . :   ETHLINE
 Character code . . . . . . . . . . :   *EBCDIC
 Maximum frame size . . . . . . . . :   16393
 Current maximum frame size . . . . :   1496
 Remote network identifier  . . . . :   *NONE
 Local exchange identifier  . . . . :   *LIND
 Initial connection . . . . . . . . :   *DIAL
 Dial initiation  . . . . . . . . . :   *LINKTYPE
 Switched disconnect  . . . . . . . :   *NO
 LAN remote adapter address . . . . :   123456789012   *** MAINFRAME MAC address

**********CRTDEVSNUF********

SNUF DEVICE setup

Device description . . . . . . . . :   XXXXXXXX
Option . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *BASIC
Category of device . . . . . . . . :   *SNUF

Local location address . . . . . . :   01
Remote location  . . . . . . . . . :   YYYYYYY    NAME of MAINFRAME
Online at IPL  . . . . . . . . . . :   *YES
Attached controller  . . . . . . . :   ZZZZZZZZZZ
Program start request capable  . . :   *NO
Host type  . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *CICS
Record length  . . . . . . . . . . :   512
Block length . . . . . . . . . . . :   512
Dependent location name  . . . . . :   *NONE

SNADS setup CFGDSTRV (option 1)

 Queue . . . . . . . . . . . :   RIIMF1C
 Queue type  . . . . . . . . :   *RPDS
 Remote location name  . . . :   RIIMF1C
 Mode  . . . . . . . . . . . :   *NETATR
 Remote net ID . . . . . . . :   *LOC
 Local location name . . . . :   *LOC
 Normal priority:

ALSO, remember the routing table (CFGDSTSRV option 2) and directory
entiry(WRKDIRE)

Bob Marion
AS/400 Technical Support
Phone:  972/461-3186