> I wonder if anyone has any feel for outage differences if NT is running
> on the IPCS or a 'stand alone' PC. This might reflect well on the AS/400
> hardware itself.
> Ken Slaugh

Ken

One thing on the IPCS is that you can Pass thru (STRPASTHR)  from across
the street or across
the world from one AS/400 to another and reboot( start the Server SBS) the
NT server !!
(BTW Domino on the AS/400 has the same upside compared to running it on
NT).

Try Passing thru from one standalone NT PC server to another to do the
"Three Finger Salute"
Can't do that.    Ya know when on those instances where you physically have
to toggle the
on/off switch on the standalone NT PC server .

Also I think having NT on the AS/400 (IPCS)  you can do a REAL back up of
it and walk the
tapes to a different AS/400 and restore.      That's RESTORE not
RE-INSTALL .

I haven't heard of any one being able to do that with a standalone NT PC
server.

Has anyone successfully Saved  the disk image and restore on an other
computer
with a standalone PC NT server ?

John Carr