  • Subject: Re: Clarification of DSPFD output
  • From: pytel@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 10:14:23 -0500

Logical reads is a number of HLL requests to system for database records.
When blocking is used, this number can be significantly less than actual
number of records processed.
Physical reads are those of above that could not be satisfied from main
storage and required access to DASD.

Best regards
    Alexey Pytel

Pete Massiello <pmassiello@os-solutions.com> on 04/30/99 07:22:34 AM