  • Subject: RE: TCP/IP Server concepts (RPGLE)
  • From: Tim McCarthy <TimM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 13:30:12 -0400

While I've always used C for sockets work I think you should be able to
do it in RPG. You need to spawn the client processing jobs from the
server job (SBMJOB). The client processor will then send its job id back
to the main server (usually via a data queue). The server will then
givedescriptor to that job and the client processing job will
takedescriptor and do what it has to do. I think all these functions are
available to RPG users.

Tim